Free Initial Consultation
Colorado Criminal Defense
Attorney Ronald M. Aal, in Denver, Colorado, has over 25 years of experience representing clients charged with a wide variety of misdemeanor and felony offenses throughout the state of Colorado. We provide criminal defense services in both state and federal courts for issues related to:
- Drug Charges
- Menacing (threats or intimidation)
- Criminal Mischief (damage to property)
- Sex Crimes
- And many other felony and misdemeanor charges
If you are having difficulty acquiring a job because of your criminal record, you might be able to get those records sealed through record sealing proceedings. Our criminal defense lawyer has assisted many clients in sealing their court, police, and Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) records. There is no time limit for sealing records, so you may request records to be sealed no matter how long ago the incident took place. We can help you navigate the process, efficiently and effectively.
Know Your Rights
A criminal conviction can have a serious impact on your future. Therefore, if you are being questioned by the police, or have been charged with a crime, it is critical that you know and understand your rights.
You have a right:
- Not to talk to the police without a lawyer present and to have a lawyer present at every step in your criminal process.
- To bail in all cases, other than murder.
- To a preliminary hearing for all class 3 felonies and above.
- Through your attorney to obtain all police reports and copies of evidence.
- To a trial. And at your trial you have a right:
- To be presumed innocent.
- To face the prosecution.
- To require the prosecution to prove their case.
- To cross-examine witnesses.
- To examine and test the evidence.
- To take, or not take, the stand.
- To appeal your verdict.
Contact us today for your free initial consultation with an experienced and affordable Denver, Colorado, criminal defense lawyer. Consultations by telephone are available.